DCB1M evaluation board is used to test the dcb1m ic communication over DC noisy power lines such as of vehicles at speeds of up to 1.4Mbit/s.
The DCB1M Evaluation Board contains all the required firmware for operation as a DC power line transceiver.
The board has line protection network and BPF filter required for the DCB1M ASIC operation.
A switching power supply provides the 3.3V required for the board operation from 10V to 36V DC power line.
- Robust communication over DC or AC power line.
- Supports UART, SPI, and I2C protocols.
- Bit rates of up to 1.4Mbit/s.
- Plug & Play solution with EVB-Tester and DC-BUS Test SW.
- On-board 10V to 36V PS for 3.3V supply.
- Variable error correction codes, to match the channel conditions.
- 251 selectable carrier frequencies.
- 1k bytes TX & RX FIFOs.
- Multiplex CSMA/CA mechanism .
- Sleep Mode for low power consumption
- Small size design.
- Audio and Video streaming.
- Local networtk for Internet of Things (IoT).
- Data transfer over powerline
- Redundant powerline network.
- Security networks.
At the transmitter side, the external host input messages to the DCB1M device via J1 HDI pin either as an asynchronous UART or synchronous SPI/I2C bit stream. The message is constructed into packets, protected against errors, modulated and conducted over the DC power line.
At the receiver side, the received phase modulated signal from the DC line is decoded back into bit stream message. The asynchronous or synchronous (UART/SPI/I2C) message output to the external host via J1 HDO.