Data communication with CSMA/CA arbitration allows multiplex communication networks over noisy dc powerlines at powerline bit rates of up to 1.4Mbit/s using the UART/ SPI/ I²C interfaces.
The DCB1M is a transceiver for messages communication allowing multi-master network topology. The device designed to operate over noisy power lines.
The device interfaces with UART, SPI, and I²C protocols. The entire firmware is implemented in small size ASIC. Its IP can be ported as part of customer’s design such as Internet of Things (IoT) sub network.
- Robust communication over DC or AC power line.
- Powerline bit rates of up to 1.4Mbit/s.
- 251 selectable carrier frequencies.
- Variable error correction codes, to match the channel conditions.
- Multiplex CSMA/CA mechanism .
- Supports UART, SPI, and I2C protocols.
- Hard-coded 48 bit UUID.
- Sleep Mode for low power consumption
- Small size design.
The DCB1M building blocks are divided to the following blocks:
- Protocol handling block, interprets the host protocol.
- Transmit and Receive internal FIFOs, each has 1k bytes as a buffer between the host and the DC-BUS power line.
- CODEC block, encodes/decodes the message using 3 levels of data protection according to the channel noise conditions.
- Modem block, modulate and demodulate messages using phase shift keying scheme.
- CSMA/CA mechanism add Carrier sense and arbitration capabilities to the device
- Sleep mechanism, ensures low power operation during sleep mode. The device sense the bus for short period to detect possible wake-up messages from other devices connected to the power line.
- Data, Audio and Video streaming.
- Sub network for Internet of Things.
- Data transfer over powerline
- Redundant powerline network.
- SPI sensor BUS
- Security networks.